Make Your Hair Colour Last This Festival Season
Getting your hair coloured can take a chunk out of your wallet and eat away at your free time so it’s no wonder you want the colour to last as long as possible. Many of you will be attending music festivals this Summer and if you’ve been before you’ll know they sometimes are not the best friend for your hair colour. All that camping, changing weather and dancing to your favorite acts can take its toll so here are a few helpful tips on how to stop the fade!
1. Deep condition your hair several days before going to the salon. The better conditioned your hair is, the easier the colour will take and the longer it will last.
2. Don’t wash your hair right before you get it coloured. This is to allow the natural oils to build up so it can help grab onto the colour better. The natural oils also help to protect your scalp from the chemicals in the dye.
3. After you have your hair coloured go as long as you can without shampooing. This gives your hair time to absorb the colour completely.
4. Heat contributes to fading so use your styling tools as little as possible, and remember to use a heat protective spray.
5. Limit or avoid using styling products such as mousses and volumizing sprays as these strip and fade your hair colour.
6. Use colour treated shampoos and conditioners to enhance and maintain your hair colour.
7. Condition your hair regularly as it seals the hair shaft to keep the colour in.
Beauty Trends Summer 2013
We thought we would take a look at the most popular trends in beauty this season…hot off the runway! Again, there’s something for everyone, so ladies it’s time to update your looks and your make up bags.
Below are our Top 5 picks for the hottest must have beauty looks this Summer 2013
Natural, bold brows are all the rage this season, so pack away your tweezers ladies. Brows can be filled in with a brow pencil to add an extra punch of colour and contouring. For an earthy look, match this with a natural/minimal make-up, or make a statement with brows darker than your natural shade.
The minimal look was spotted all over the runway this season. To achieve a natural fresh faced look, apply some concealer, tinted moisturizer that closely matches your skin tone and some peach blush. Keep your eyes untouched with only a smudge of lip conditioner. Nothing can make a bolder statement than a beautiful fresh faced woman.
On the other hand a pop of dramatic colour to match the happy mood of Summer can go a long way. This season offers an array of gorgeous tones to help you celebrate the sunshine, such as ocean blue, green, purple and violets. Pack a punch by generously applying the colour to the eyes, while keeping the rest of your skin and lip tones neutral, paired with a chic up-do.
From boldly colourful, wine stained to bright orange-red and glossy natural lips, you can achieve a statement look no matter what you choose. There is something for everyone with this trend, depending on how daring you feel, add a pretty pop of red or create a dramatic look by blending some blue tones to achieve the much talked about cool aqua lips.
This nostalgic look was a popular look on the catwalk at Fashion Week as always, but this time with an air of elegance and glossiness. This look is made up of several elements – red lips, coppery tones, feline eyes with curled up lashes, and don’t forget the vintage-style hair to match.