Hairstyles 2013 – Tips for Straight Hair
It has been evident lately that the short look is being fancied by several high profile celebrities. We have seen Beyonce go for the Sinead O’Connor style shave, Rihanna choosing the teenage boy look and of course a certain former Disney Star selecting a rather rebellious look in her new music video.
Despite this somewhat catching trend, the majority of us have chosen to keep the long look and want to make the most out of it. Have your long hair looking its best by following these simple tips on getting straight hair.
- Use shampoos and conditioners that are specially formulated for straightening hair.
- Avoid shampoos that contain alcohol as this will dry out your hair and will make the straightening process harder.
- Before you blow dry, divide your hair into sections. Never blow dry sections that are more than an inch thick as the hot hair will not be able to pass through.
- When blow-drying your hair, use a paddle brush pointing the nozzle downwards.
- If you want poker straight hairstyle use a flat iron to straighten your hair. Pull strands of your hair through the flat iron in a swift continuous motion. Remember to use a heat protective spray as this will protect your hair and give it some extra shine.
- To keep straight hair looking healthy, avoid split ends by going for regular haircuts.